Monday 22 December 2014

Puka Soak by BrandtM


By on 08:33



I am not an expert by any means when it comes to coastal photography, and am often bested by the conditions and challenges of photographing seascapes. So, with a bit of scouting and research I set out on my recent visit to the Big Island of Hawaii to shoot some of the reef pukas on the Kona Coast. Now I found out quickly that the way to get the best shot of these is to stand right on the edge of the puka, which is fine, except you have to be careful of the waves blowing up through the holes. So my wife graciously volunteered to call in the waves, things were going well, the surge would come in and cover me to middle of my shins, no big deal, then my wife says "here comes a real big wave, you might want to get out of the way", which of course I did what many husbands do, I ignored the warning, well it came and blew water above and over my head giving me a good soak, thus the title of the photo, fortunately it was Hawaii so it was a nice warm soak. Thanks for looking Michael Brandt Photography via 500px http://ift.tt/1CoioHH

About Syed Faizan Ali

Faizan is a 17 year old young guy who is blessed with the art of Blogging,He love to Blog day in and day out,He is a Website Designer and a Certified Graphics Designer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment